Monday, March 17, 2008

Gnomes, guitars, knitting and a smash hit.

I almost feel like I should have spelled knitting "gnitting" just so it would fit in.

This weekend, Benen (The Gnome), Alison and I went out. We were going to go look at guitars, then go to the yarn store, have dinner and go see Penelope (because it looks cute). However on Saturday morning (the day we went on our epic outing) we discovered that Penelope was only playing in Sidney, not downtown like we had originally thought. Saddened, we ventured out anyways. We went and looked at various guitars (with no luck finding a hidden gem), and then proceeded to go (through the rain, I might add) to the yarn store.


At the yarn store I discovered that they no longer had the colour of yarn I needed to finish making this scarf,


so I decided to buy this wool and make knucks. They will be awesome.



We then went to John's Place and ate an early supper, and ended up going back to my house with the intention of knitting after stopping at Alison's house.

 
At Alison's house, she played me some of her excellent covers, and printed out a knitting pattern.


When we arrived back at my base, we were informed that there was to be an impromptu St. Patrick's Day party at my house (in honour of the pope changing the date- it technically falls during Holy Week, so people can't drink [not that they are supposed to during Lent anyways]). Alison ended up going home at about 11:00, leaving us with only 22 people in our house. For those of you who don't know the rules of Cluster- that is 10 more people than we are allowed to have at any given time. Whoops. Much alcohol was consumed, and a large mess was made. Someone went missing but returned later. Suprisingly only 2 out of the 22 people (24 or 25 total including Alison and an RA who did not drink) threw up, and neither of them messed up anything important. All in all a success.  This morning there was cleaning, and these appeared on the whiteboard.



This is the (hangover) ship on which we sail: The Absolut Fail. The ships crew and titles are as follows: Captain Morgan (The Captain), Sailor Jerry (First Mate), Dr. McGillicuddy (The Ship's Cinnamon-scented Medic), John Molson (Bos'un), José Cuervo (Deck Swabber), Herr Jagermeister (The Paying Passenger) and Jack Daniels (The Prisoner). The Absolut Fail is also about to be attacked by the fearsome Bacardi Shark.



Today, I have been playing Smash Brothers Brawl in Solo mode- where I get to go through a whole storyline adventure thing (which is fun), watching Veronica Mars, and knitting. I started on my knucks, which are the first things I have ever done with double pointed needles. At first I was afraid, and had to take things out a few times, but after consulting the internet, I think I figured it out. This is how far I have gotten.


Including my various mistakes and re-dos it has taken me about an hour. It has also made my hand hurt a bit as these needles are smaller than the ones I am used to.

Tomorrow I have to do an in-class essay which I am not at all prepared for, so I feel I must bid you all adieu.

Also? I would go to the effort of getting rid of the white bits on the outsides of those pictures but it is 3:30 am and I am tired.

1 comment:

alison said...

excellent?! you mean TERRIBLE.

hooray, you have a thumb! i knew you would get it after some trial and error. you are a smart cookie.