Friday, March 14, 2008

Wrock and roll ain't noise pollution

Or, how we started a wizard rock punk band: a slightly fictional account.

The two girls were seated side by side on a comfortable couch in the living room of an apartment. Playing on the television was one of the Harry Potter movies, and the two girls were knitting, one a scarf, and one a guitar strap.
"Alison? Can I ask you something? Something important?" Alex's breath was shallow as she anticipated the answer of her sister-in-arms.
"Sure. I guess." Alison's reply was almost quizzical- rarely did Alex take so serious a tone for anything.
"Well, we already fight evil and the establishment together..." Her explanation trailed off and she stood up, setting her knitting down on the couch as she turned to face the other girl. A deep sigh later and she was on bended knee before her friend.
"Will you... Alison would you do me the honour of joining me in the holy bond of wizard rock?"
"Oh Alex!" Alison cried out like an actress starring in a film from the 50's, "I'd love to, I'd really, really love to!" She sprung from the couch, spreading her arms wide and proclaiming, "And lo, it shall be a punk band! And we shall call it..."

...Two Weeks Later...

"The Hex... something. C'mon, help me out here. I want to make a pun on 'The Sex Pistols' but everything I think of ends up sounding like a bad innuendo." Alison rolled her eyes at Alex's declaration of 'that's what she said'.
"I don't know- everything I think of is a bad innuendo. In herendo. I'm sorry. I had to say it." Alex put her head down on round table at which she and Alison were seated.
"The Hinkypunks!" Alison exclaimed.
The head lifted from the table, "taken."
A quick check of the internet proved Alex's statement correct. "But... hmm... the... The Violent Puffskeins?" She tentatively glanced over at Alison, who immediatly sprang up (knocking a pen off the table and nearly tipping her own chair) and shouted, "YES! That's it. That's our punk wrock band."

And thus was born, The Violent Puffskeins: a wizard rock punk band lookin’ to play loud, wrock hard, and tear up the establishment!
Taking cues from their punk forefathers, the Violent
Puffskeinsare sick of the corrupt Ministry of Magic, and Voldemort’s Slytherin blood feud, and they ain’t gonna take it anymore!

Down with Fudge!
Down with Scrimgeour!
Down with Umbridge!
Down with Death Eaters!
Down with Voldemort!


Support your local Wrock bands!
Read books. Fight evil.

If you want to visit The Violent Puffskeins' myspace page here is a link to said myspace page.

2 comments:

elise said...

you guys are awesome.

alison said...

yeah! that's right! i smoked a cigarette in the back of double potions last thursday. WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT SLUGHORN.

that's what I thought.